Farming and grazing in the highly prized Liverpool Plains district
Fernleigh is situated near the village of Blackville in the foothills of the highly prized Liverpool Plains farming district, approximately 60 km from Quirindi.
The property comprises 396 hectares (approx. 980 acres) of basalt grazing and farming country in addition to 768 hectares (approx. 1900 acres) of box gum woodland conservation.
Fernleigh is well-watered by numerous recently cleaned out dams, 3 solar/electric equipped bores/wells pumped to tank storage and the semi-permanent Omaleah Creek. An extensive stock water piping system has been installed awaiting connection to tanks and troughs.
The 3 bedroom weatherboard home with additional separate self-contained 1 bedroom cottage is perfect for dorm-style accommodation. Other property infrastructure includes shearing/storage shed, machinery/hay shed, steel cattle yards and silos.
Annual funding is available for conservation management actions within the conservation area.
- Situated in the Liverpool Plains, renowned for its fertile black and chocolate basalt soils
- Well-watered by numerous recently cleaned out dams, 3 solar/electric equipped bores/wells pumped to tank storage and the semi-permanent Omaleah Creek.
- Shearing/storage shed, machinery/hay shed, steel cattle yards, 2 x old silos on site
- 3 bedroom weatherboard home with additional separate self-contained 1 bedroom cottage lends itself to dorm-style accommodation
- Single phase power and telephone connected
- Protection of box gum woodland
- Annual funding provided for carrying out management actions within the conservation area
If you are looking to buy a property like Fernleigh, or any real estate in NSW with conservation-agricultural-lifestyle potential, perhaps you will consider a property that also plays host to many native plants and animals. All NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust properties for sale have been identified as important for their natural value and are sold with a conservation agreement in place.
For all enquiries about NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust rural land sales, contact our Property Sales Manager Chris Perceval on 0437 147 611 or contact our office on 02 9995 6609.
LocationApprox. 10km to Blackville and 60km to Quirindi
InfrastructureDwellingCattle/Sheep YardHay/Wool ShedShearing Shed
AccessibilityEasy and direct access via gravel road
ServicesElectricity, telephone & tank water are all connected. Stock watering systems & approx. 5 dams
Key FaunaBrown Tree-creeper; Little Lorikeet
Key FloraWestern Slopes Grassy Woodlands; North-west Slopes Dry Sclerophyll Forest