Copyright and Disclaimer
Copyright for original material on this website is held by the State of New South Wales (Biodiversity Conservation Trust) unless otherwise indicated.
This website contains information, data, documents, pages and images ("the material") prepared by the NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust ("the BCT") and third parties unless otherwise stated.
The State of New South Wales, operating through the BCT, supports and encourages the dissemination and exchange of publicly funded information and endorses the use of the Australian Governments Open Access and Licensing Framework ("AusGOAL").
Unless otherwise stated, all BCT material available on this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0). Terms and conditions of the licence is can be viewed at Creative Commons.
Please give attribution in this form:
© State of New South Wales (Biodiversity Conservation Trust) [year of publication] unless indicated otherwise.
We also request that you observe and retain any copyright or related notices that may accompany this material as part of the attribution.
Material not licensed under the Creative Commons Licence
The Creative Commons licence does not apply to:
- the State’s Coat of Arms, New South Wales Government logo, BCT logo, and any other trademarks, symbols, logos and brands of the State of NSW or any Department or agency of the State (unless incidentally reproduced in using an unaltered document under Creative Commons licence);
- intellectual property (including copyright) owned by third parties which may include photographs, illustrations, drawings, plans, artwork and maps (note such material may not be expressly identified);
- trade marks;
- personal information (e.g. photographs of people released for use in BCT publishing and social media only);
- court judgements;
- legislation; and
- other materials specifically not provided under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence.
Send enquiries relating to Crown copyright or use of NSW State Arms, Symbols or Emblems (other than as permitted by the Creative Commons licence) to the Department of Justice - Ministerial and Parliamentary Services unit, Locked Bag 5111, Parramatta NSW 2124.
No circumvention of terms
You must check and comply with the licencing information for each piece of material that you wish to use. This may require you to contact the BCT, the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment ("DPIE") or the third party copyright owner for permission to use the material. You may also use any material in accordance with rights you may have under the Copyright Act 1968. Use of material in a way that is not permitted by this copyright notice may be an infringement of copyright.
Wherever a third party holds copyright over material presented on this website, the copyright remains with that party. Their permission may be required to use the material and you should contact that party directly. The BCT has made all reasonable efforts to:
- clearly label material if the copyright is owned by a third party, and
- ensure that the copyright owner has consented to the material being presented on this website.
Use of brands
As use of the BCT owned trade marks, logos and brands often implies endorsement, these can't be used without the express permission of the organisation.
Social media channels
- you may use all material posted by us on these channels under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Australia licence, and
- material posted by any person other than the BCT, such as public users of the BCT’s social media channels, is deemed to be made available to you by that person under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence as a condition of use of that channel.
If you plan to create a link to this website, please note these conditions:
- Links must be to the homepage or other high-level page.
- Logos, emblems and trademarks of the State of NSW and/or the BCT, DPIE and its cluster agencies must not be used for web linking purposes.
- The website should be opened in a new window and not within a frame of your own branding.
- You must not use the link to provide, or in any way imply, endorsement of your organisation, services or products by the State of NSW and/or the BCT, the DPIE or its cluster agencies.
- You must not pass off content from this website as your own. This includes copying or re-using parts of the website (see our Copyright notice above).
While the information contained on this website (the Material) has been created with all due care, the Biodiversity Conservation Trust (BCT) does not warrant or represent that the Material is free from errors or omission, or that it is exhaustive.
The Material is made available on the understanding that the BCT and the NSW Government and its employees and agents shall have no liability (including but not limited to liability by reason of negligence) to the users of this website for any loss, damage, cost or expense whether direct, indirect, consequential or special, incurred by any person using or relying on the Material and whether caused by reason of any error, omission or misrepresentation in the Material or otherwise.
Users of this website are responsible for making their own assessment of the Material and its relevance, and should verify all relevant representations, statements and information with their own professional advisers.
As the Material is designed to promote the free exchange of information only, the BCT and NSW Government cannot and does not make any claim as to the accuracy, authenticity, currency, completeness, reliability or suitability of any Material, especially Material supplied by third parties or linked to third party sites. The Material may be changed or removed at any time without notice.
Bearing in mind the importance of freedom of expression to our democratic society, the BCT and NSW Government does not necessarily endorse or support the views, opinions, standards or information expressed at any linked sites. Similarly, users of the website should not interpret the absence of a link from the website to any particular third-party site as a criticism or comment by the BCT or NSW Government on the provider or content of that site.