About our Landholder Support Program
The Landholder Support Program (LSP) provides ongoing support to landholders with conservation agreements. The program will have a group of measures that helps landholders to access advice and assistance.
As we are still becoming established, more information about the support we can provide will become available later in 2017. The support that we will be able to provide to landholders to encourage the management and protection of high environmental value land will be guided by the Biodiversity Conservation Investment Strategy and our Business Plan which will guide us to seek agreements with landholders and farmers in priority investment areas in NSW.
It is intended that landholders entering into an agreement to protect private land may be able to access a range of support and benefits depending on their location, such as:
- having site visits, including monitoring,
- accessing staff for assistance and advice, including about management actions,
- receiving regular newsletters,
- receiving information about funding and volunteer opportunities,
- being able to attend field days, meetings, workshops and social events,
- accessing the website for information and resources as well as an on-line forum,
- accessing a social network/platform for landholders,
- education and capacity building for looking after land under conservation, and
- linking with other NRM (Natural Resource Management) agencies or groups (e.g. Local Land Services, Landcare).
For more information, contact us to learn about the support you receive when you set up a conservation agreement on your property.