I have an existing agreement
If you have one of the following types of existing agreements, these agreements are carried over and remain in place under the new Act:
- wildlife refuge under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974
- conservation agreement under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974
- trust agreement under the Nature Conservation Trust Act 2001
- registered property agreement under the Native Vegetation Conservation Act 1997
- termed registered property agreement under the Native Vegetation Conservation Act 1997
- biobanking agreement under the Threatened Species Conservation Act 1995. This means that properties protected under a permanent conservation agreement will continue to be protected in perpetuity.
Landholders who have an existing agreement may be eligible for a variety of support under the BCT’s programs:
- possible access to the Conservation Partners Grants Program
- possible access to a funded conservation agreement under the Conservation Management Program
- establishment of a biodiversity stewardship agreement to generate biodiversity credits for management actions that you are not already obliged to undertake.
If you have questions about your existing agreement, please contact us via email at: email@example.com or phone: 1300 992 688.